GAES provides additional information concerning the processing of your personal data, as established by the regulations on the matter: REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 (GDPR).
1. DATA CONTROLLER
Identity: GABINETES DE AUDIOPROTESIS ELECTROMEDICINA Y SERVICIOS, S.A (GAES)
Tax Identification No. (CIF): A08612061
Registered Office: Calle Asturias, 2. Postcode 03007 - Alicante
Tel. No.: 900 102 212
E-mail address for the exercise of rights and queries regarding data protection: protecciondatosGAES@gaes.es
2. PURPOSE OF THE PROCESSING
At GAES we process the information provided to us by data subjects for the following different purposes:
- Provision of audio-prosthetic services by means of performing hearing tests at any of our centres. This will entail managing your personal data in reference to your clinical documentation.
- Complete management of your purchase, carrying out any function inherent to the same, such as billing, management of after-sales service, etc.
- If you make a purchase from our online store, management of the purchase and shipping process of the products, as well as all other activities related to GAES e-commerce, such as the control and resolution of incidents related to online sales. In order to use the online shop, it is necessary to first register, completing all the required fields. Once you have registered, you will become a website user.
- To manage your request for an appointment at any of the GAES centres.
- To manage your query submitted on the GAES website.
- Transmission of your basic data to GAES partner financial institutions for analysis of the credit transaction application. The data subject consents to the processing of their data for the purpose of considering and carrying out the credit transaction. Specifically, the data will be processed with the purpose of considering your application and subsequent management of your credit.
- Promotional activity (such as GAES Club), discounts, advertising and business prospecting through different methods and channels of communication for GAES products and services and products and services of partner firms related to the service offered by GAES. We may offer you opinion polls, distance selling offers, advertising, promotions and free samples of our services and/or products by any of the following means: ordinary mail, e-mail, SMS, telephone, mobile applications and/or in-person home visit.
- Segmentation tasks. Segmentation or profiling may be done in order to direct the services and advertising to be sent. Under no circumstances will the profile analysis have any significant effect on the rights of the data subject.
3. LEGAL GROUNDS FOR THE PROCESSING
The legal basis for the processing of your data for the purposes indicated is consent, and in the event that you carry out your view or purchase online, provision of the services or performance of the contract between GAES and the Customer. Failure to complete, or incorrect or partial completion of the personal data required will mean that GAES cannot fulfil your information request or provide its services. You hereby confirm that the data provided are true and that you are the person authorised to make use of the same, in all events exempting GAES from any damages which you may incur due to any identity theft or lack of truthfulness in the content of the information provided.
The legal basis for business prospecting processing is based on the consent that is requested, without the withdrawal of this consent under any circumstances influencing performance of the credit agreement and/or provision of services. In any case, for the purpose of promoting GAES services and products, it shall be deemed to have a legitimate interest in the processing of data for the sending of promotional communications to all customers who are duly registered and have agreed to the data processing for that purpose.
Please inform us of any change in your personal data so that the information contained in our files is up-to-date at all times and does not contain errors. You can contact us at protecciondatosGAES@gaes.es or by free phone on +34 900 102 212.
4. TRANSFER OF DATA TO OTHER FIRMS
The personal data processed by GAES may be transferred in the following cases:
- In the event that the Customer has visited any GAES centre on the recommendation of their specialist doctor, we will ask them to give their consent so that GAES can inform their doctor of the result of the hearing or sight tests carried out. Please be advised that this report is intended to keep your specialist doctor informed, thus supplementing your medical history.
- When you wish to finance your purchase at GAES, your data may be transmitted to financial institutions for the management and analysis of the financing. This process will be done via the external platform Lendismart.
- When market analysis processing is conducted, this may be carried out through third parties that analyse said data at our request, which may involve transmitting personal data to suppliers that provide services to GAES. This processing of data by third parties shall be subject to the corresponding data processing agreements, thus guaranteeing the confidentiality and integrity thereof.
- Data processing for the purposes of advertising and business prospecting may involve transmitting your data to third parties specialised in the field of marketing, as well as to service providers (suppliers hired by GAES), so that the data may be processed for said purposes and to be able to carry out mutual processing to determine if you have the status of customer and avoid, where appropriate, duplicate mailings.
- Some service providers may also have access, always under the guidance and supervision of GAES, as data processors. These providers can only access the data for the sole purpose of providing the service for which they are hired, following the instructions of GAES and without being able to use the data for any other purpose. All suppliers sign confidentiality agreements covering the use of the information they access for the provision of their service, in accordance with current regulations.
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
Personal data will be kept while you are a GAES customer and do not request the deletion of your data. In any case, personal data may be retained to comply with obligations to preserve clinical documentation and/or whenever permitted by applicable legislation.
Likewise, GAES periodically conducts an analysis of data retention periods, deleting data in the course of its operations when the information is deemed to have become obsolete or outdated. For these cases, the retention period is established as 15 years from the last time the user interacted with GAES.
6. GAES USER RIGHTS
- Anyone has the right to obtain confirmation of whether or not GAES is processing personal data concerning them.
- Data subjects have the right to access their personal data, as well as to request the correction of inaccurate data, or, where appropriate, request their deletion when, for among other reasons, the data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- In certain circumstances, data subjects may request limited processing of their data, in which case we will only keep them to exercise or defend claims.
- In certain circumstances, and for reasons related to their particular situation, data subjects may oppose the processing of their data. GAES shall cease to process the data, except on legitimate overriding grounds, or to exercise or defend possible claims.
- Data subjects are entitled to have GAES transmit personal data that the data subject has provided to it to another data controller.
- The data subject may withdraw the consent provided for business prospecting and market analysis processing, giving notification of this by means of a postal communication or by e-mail to the addresses indicated in the previous paragraph, without this affecting the legality of the processing based on the consent previously given by the data subject.
In all cases, users of GAES services can exercise their rights of access, rectification or deletion, limitation, opposition and portability provided for in the GDPR, by means of a written communication addressed to GAES, Dpto. Protección de datos, calle Pere IV, 160, 08005, Barcelona; or by e-mail to protecciondatosGAES@gaes.es; or even by free phone on 900 102 212. In all cases, the data subject must attach a copy of their national identity document or another valid document that identifies them.
7. AT GAES WE APPRECIATE YOUR COOPERATION
At GAES we try to control, within our means, the proper use of the personal data for which we are responsible by third parties to whom we have provided the data. For this reason we request that, should you become aware of or suspect that any of our centres or suppliers is making improper use of your personal information, please notify us promptly so we may take the appropriate corrective action.
Likewise, in order to guarantee that the data we have are correct and up-to-date, we request that, if there is any change in your data, or if, for whatever reason, you determine that we have some incorrect data, please notify us without delay so we may correct it.
8. SECURITY MEASURES
Your personal data will be processed by GAES under the strictest confidentiality, applying the corresponding technical and organisational security measures in accordance with current regulations.